Global Studies Consortium
We are a group of in global studies seeking to collaborate in teaching and research. The consortium is open to any academic program in the world that offers a graduate M.A., M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. related to global studies.
At least 40 universities have participated in our meetings.
The Consortium's main contribution to date has been to increase and deepen the informal ties between people working in the field of global studies.
We also aim to:
- share curricula and ideas about teaching programs
- exchange teaching materials, including lectures and reading lists
- facilitate cooperative teaching projects, such as distance learning, on both bilateral and multilateral levels
- survey student career paths
- share information about employment and internships for students
- encourage student and faculty exchange agreements
We first met in Santa Barbara in 2007, where we wrote our . Since then we have held meetings around the world, most recently in Roskilde, Denmark in June 2014. Our next meeting will be hosted by the American University in Cairo from 5 to 8 June 2015.